Saturday, November 4, 2017

Adventures in karate

So like I mentioned before in this blog, I'm trying to get into better shape. The good news is that I've kept my walking up and I'm well over 1000 miles for the year. September was a slow month while I was dodging hurricanes, traveling up north and dealing with the tragic death of a friend. October was great and I'm getting back into the swing of things.

Speaking of getting back into the swing of things, I'm thinking of taking karate lessons again. I'm most familiar with the Ed Parker style of American Kenpo. Sadly though, the only studio that teaches that is over an hour and half away from my house. I could drive that long once a week or so, but several times in a week is madness. So I'm thinking to myself-do I keep with something familiar and put up massive miles on my car and in gasoline...or do I swallow the bitter pill and start fresh at another place closer to me?

I'll keep you posted. Wish me luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment