Monday, November 20, 2017

Pizza Hut vs Papa Johns vs DiGiorno

So, the culture wars have infected the NFL and now it's infecting their sponsors. Pizza Hut has said that they haven't been hurt by the NFL protests while apparently Papa Johns have said their sales have been. DiGiorno (apparently frozen pizza?) have seen their opportunity to take a swipe at their competitors and they've jumped in the Twitter war too. To me, the pizza war is very simple-all their pizzas don't taste very good. From Pizza Hut to Dominos to Papa Johns to Godfather to DiGiorno-I just don't like the chain pizzas.

Yes, it's all subjective and no, my opinion doesn't mean that no one would like fast food pizza. Obviously if no one liked it they wouldn't be vastly popular. I like nice restaurants but I'm no food snob. My favorite coffee is Dunkin Donuts and I like Wendy's hamburgers. I also like Cracker Barrel-breakfast anytime is a huge plus for me. For pizza though, I overwhelmingly prefer the mom and pop places. Up north the local mom and pop pizza place was able to send their kids to a nice and exclusive private school thanks to me.

Papa Johns has apologized for offending the social justice warrior set. Oddly, you never see companies bother to apologize to the right if they've offended them. 

2 comments:

  1. Keurig apologized after they angered conservatives by withdrawing their ads from Hannity's show in the wake of his interview with Roy Moore. Oddly enough, those angry conservatives decided to protest Keurig by destroying the Keurig machines that they had already spend upwards of $200 for. That'll teach 'em!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad Keurig apologized, good on them. In most cases the right are one of the few people you never have to say "I'm sorry" to.

      We agree totally that conservatives destroying their $200 dollar coffee makers is absolutely asinine.

      Delete