Friday, January 20, 2017

Album of the weekend

Dirty Looks-Cool from the Wire

Another late 80's hair band that missed the hair band era, Dirty Looks is a band that I've just barely started getting into. I have heard the song "Oh, Ruby" before but it didn't catch on for me. Recently I heard it again and loved it. It sounds great, and you can easily compare it to the other classic hair bands of the era. Since I liked this song so much I had to download the entire album.

Like Kix, Dirty Looks is a hair band that doesn't get the credit it deserves. I think it's because they came onto the hair band scene at a later time-they were apparently formed in 1988. They also have a huge amount of turnover. The New York Dolls had people come and go, but this band had more people go though it than the toll both on 95 on a holiday weekend. I'm not an expert but I'm not sure that helped the band in the long run.

Shame too, because the album is very good. Just asking around I found out that not many people have heard of the band-so I might have been right thinking that they were underrated. The best song is "Oh, Ruby" but the title track and "Can't Take My Eyes Off You" are also good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment