Friday, January 13, 2017

Album of the weekend

Blink 182-Enema of the State

Aside from the immortal Dookie by Green Day, this one might be the most popular pop punk album of all time perhaps. Ask yourself-if you were of that age when this was popular, did you buy it? If you did not, did you know someone who did? The answer is probably yes.

I'm not a big Blink 182 fan but since my friend and I had a conversation about them I've given their entire canon a second thought and second listen to. I was wrong, they aren't the "silly pop band" that John Lyndon said they are. This album is absolutely more slick and polished than any of their previous albums, but wasn't it the same for Dookie from Green Day? In fact, even the Ramones (yes, still the greatest punk band of all time) might have had a few slick and smooth sounding albums. Did Blink 182 sell out with this album? Yes, that's why I never liked it before. I was wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment