Thursday, August 1, 2019

Medical Marijuana and Gun rights

Apparently, Florida Medical Marijuana users can't legally buy guns or own guns.  Before you say that's a good idea, we don't want stoners carrying guns, let's talk about this.

Like it or not, you have the right to own a gun in this country, just like you have the right to an abortion. In fact, the right to own a gun, regardless of what you might have been told, is crystal clear in the constitution. The right to an abortion (which, by the way, I'm in favor of) is a bit more murky. No where in the constitution does it say that you can't own a gun if you smoke weed. Or if you drink whiskey. So, barring medical marijuana users from owning a gun is a violation of their rights.

Oddly, gun rights are the only rights that are banned. Why don't we ban their right to free speech? Or their right to free association? Or their right to whatever religion they choose to participate in? Because guns are scary, and they most scary to those who have never used one. We often hear "If you don't have a uterus, shut your mouth on abortion." Guess what? I sort of agree with that. Well, if you don't own a gun, don't restrict my right to own one. Even if I choose to smoke weed.

5 comments:

  1. A lot of "yup" going on here...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think it should be self evident.

      Delete
  2. Here is the investors contact Email details,_ lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com Or Whatsapp +1 989-394-3740 that helped me with loan of 90,000.00 Euros to startup my business and I'm very grateful,It was really hard on me here trying to make a way as a single mother things hasn't be easy with me but with the help of Le_Meridian put smile on my face as i watch my business growing stronger and expanding as well.
    I know you may surprise why me putting things like this here but i really have to express my gratitude so anyone seeking for financial help or going through hardship with there business or want to startup business project can see to this and have hope of getting out of the hardship..
    Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cannabis strains onlin Thank you because you have been willing to share information with us. we will always appreciate all you have done here because I know you are very concerned with our.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. telegram weed group

    ReplyDelete