Saturday, August 24, 2019

Another report about corporal punishment on kids...

CNN releases another study about the drawbacks of corporal punishment on children.  Before I say anything about this issue I want to remind everyone that no, I don't have children. And I was never spanked as a child. However just because those things are my own life experience doesn't mean I don't have the right to speak on the issue. I certainly do, though you just don't have to listen. Also, this is not a childless person telling you how to raise your kids-I'm not telling you anything and you are, of course, free to do whatever you damn well please.

I'm generally against corporal punishment for your kids. I wouldn't say it's something that you can never use, but to me it's a sign that the parent has lost control over the child. I'm not sure that the occasional spanking can lead to all sorts of deviant behavior in adulthood-no, just because you were spanked as a child doesn't give you the right to engage in anti social behavior, but I am relatively confident that the frequent spankings you received as a child does have a correlation with violent behavior as an adult.  It's just not a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment