Tuesday, November 24, 2015

I still don't like going to the temple, part II.

Right. I still don't like going to temple, and will only go kicking and screaming.

This is a "duplicate" of one I posted early. Allow me to elaborate a bit. It's been brought up in recent conversation with some other members. 

I find the temple to be incredibly constricting, not liberating. I don't like being told what to do, where to go and how to worship. In the temple, you are told what to do, where to go, and how to worship. I don't like being in groups, I like my individuality. In the temple, you are in groups all the time. I don't like not being distracted. I need my Game Boy, Iphone, etc. In the temple, you can't use those. I don't like getting dressed up. I prefer my hoodie, jeans and sweatshirt. In the temple, you need to wear a suit. I don't like that either.

None of this means "I don't see the value in Temples". I do. What it does mean, simply put, is "I don't like going to the temple." I am sure there are other faithful, legit and believing members that also feel the same way.

Whenever I go to the temple, I play Houses of the Holy by Led Zeppelin right afterwards. That's a plus. 



No comments:

Post a Comment