Thursday, November 12, 2015

Starbucks Cups, Dungeons and Dragons and easily offended people

No Christian is raising hell about these Starbucks cups. Literally no one. The anti-Christian crowd is using this is a stick to beat all of us with. Relax, don't fall into it. 

This reminds me of Magic:The Gathering and Dungeons and Dragons. Stupid Christians with too much time on their hands and an interest in bullying others can make even the most innocent thing seem sinful. 

It's tough. 

I've been a nominal Christian my whole life, but only recently am I trying to take the Christian thing seriously. People who know me before I was baptized have every right to ignore me completely and not take what I say seriously. Pre-conversion, I was a lying, cheating scumbag. Now, I am a forgiven lying and cheating scumbag. 

But I'm still a huge fantasy geek. Dungeons and Dragons (I play a chaotic good mage most of the time) and Magic: The Gathering (I had a blue/white turbo stasis deck that could kick your decks ass) will still be among my favorite things to do. 

Being offended is a choice. Don't make it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment