Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Quentin Tarantino

Quentin Tarantino has every right to insult and offend police officers. Free speech is a blessing and I am quite radical about this issue. If he says something you don't like, you have two options. 1) respond or 2) ignore. If you throw up your hands, run around crying and tell the world how offended you are-you've proved one thing. You are an infant. I'm not a lawyer, but I am confident that the first amendment wasn't created to protect your fragile feelings.

Tarantino is a an odd guy. You'll forgive me, but the man who created "Natural Born Killers" loses his right to lecture anyone about brutality. Sure, it's just "entertainment" but according to those cool, hipster Hollywood types, virtually all entertainment is at least partially based in reality. After all, if they want to ban guns from Hollywood movies in the name of "safety" than logically, they should ban drug use and demand all the characters wear seat belts.

And I'm not a big fan of him, but I do think people use guns in his movies.

As the annoying, arrogant hipster I once was, I thought Tarantino movies were so deep. After all, he asks questions man. Then I discovered Kubrick and Kazan. I once was a boy, now I am a man. I know many hipster film students who haven't advanced past that stage. Sadly, most of these cats are still stuck in their moms basement. In their spare time, they create blogs like mine.  Amazingly and oddly, I don't live with my mother in her basement.

Since Tarantino has a low opinion of police officers, I suggest that if he ever has a stalker or gets mugged, he call someone else to protect him. He can easily afford private security after all.

What is really sad though? Apparently his old man and him do not get along. That IS sad. There is nothing worse than a public family squabble.

To paraphrase Dennis Miller, Tarantino is one of those cool Hollywood types who wants to beat my ass because I implied that he wasn't peaceful.


No comments:

Post a Comment