Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Ouija boards and luck

I am one of the very, very few religious people who thinks Ouija boards aren't demonic, can't make you talk to the Devil or "ghosts" but are simply useless. Don't get me wrong, I don't use them, I never have before in my life and I do believe in demonic possession-but that doesn't mean that I think you can get possessed by playing a board game that is mass produced by Parker Brothers.

Can I level with you for a bit? Good. This is just between you and I. I really wish Christians would stop being so damn gullible sometimes. So many think anything that is "weird" is automatically demonic or evil in someway. Basic science explains how Ouija boards work. It's called "Ideomotor phenomenon". It's not the devil, it's not a ghost, and it's not your long lost Aunt Ida from the 1920's.

You know what is also a tough thing to accept? The simple fact that luck plays a large, large role in life. When a plane crashes killing all people on board and you miss it by ten minutes-that's luck. That's not God working to protect you-if it was, does that mean He killed all the people on board? Luck is perspective, but it's also just circumstances.  

The harsh truth is that life is messy and is sometimes very complicated and brutal. Sometimes bad things happen to good people and worse-sometimes good things happen to very bad people. A wise person understands that while there is a God, there are some things that can only be explained by good or bad luck.




No comments:

Post a Comment