Monday, July 25, 2016

Foxnews drama

I know it's the trendy thing to hate, fear and dislike Foxnews, but I don't. I've always liked their counterculture edge and refusal to bow to the generally liberal trends in reporting the news. MSNBC is rightfully called liberal, CNN is kind of moderate and Foxnews does have some conservative ideologies. There is nothing wrong with that, but people complain because MSNBC has no ratings and Fox is popular. Apparently protesters think they are "speaking truth to power" when they speak out against Fox but they meekly obey authority like the president and anyone critiquing him is a racist. Go figure. 

So if you are a liberal you are assuredly talking glee in the downfall of Roger Ailes. It's fine, I took glee in the downfall of Anthony Weiner and John Edwards. I was wrong to do that, but it's easy for me to say that now. I'm not naive-I fully expect people on the left to enjoy schadenfreude at this moment. 

But be careful. Original sin isn't political and yes, even your political heroes can make mistakes. The good thing is that more and more people are seeing that being a scumbag isn't political. Nancy Pelosi said that Carlos Danger (Anthony Weiner) should be forced to resign-so this tribal loyalty is dying a slow death. And good riddance to it. You should put behavior before politics all the time, even if it's difficult. 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment