Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Missing babies.

I was watching a true crime video on Youtube about a missing baby named Sabrina Aisenberg. I'm a bit of a true crime junkie, and I especially enjoy listening to podcasts on road trips. Yes, this story is decades old and no, I'm not going to dive in to the details. The hostess of the video said that one theory about the baby disappearing is that a childless person took the baby to raise as their own. I'm sure it's happened before, but I'm not sure it could happen in todays society.

I'm sure you know people who for whatever reason, don't have children. If these people suddenly showed up with a six month old out of the blue, it would be weird. If a six month old went missing in the next state over, it would be even weirder. Oh sure, you can adopt a baby at virtually any age, but wouldn't it at least be suspicious is a baby went missing and you suddenly saw your childless cousin and his wife posting pictures about their new baby on Facebook?

Once again, I'm sure it happens-someome kidnapping a child to raise it as their own-but I'm not sure it happens very often, especially in 2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment