Thursday, September 6, 2018

Final thoughts on the McCain funeral

In 2018, everything is political, including funerals. I shouldn't be surprised saying this, but I was shocked at how partisan and political the McCain funeral was. It seemed to be a celebration of life for John McCain-but also a "let's bash Trump every five minutes" event as well.

Political junkies know that McCain held grudges. That's fine, we're all human and we all have our faults and weaknesses. In the interest of total disclosure, I also hold grudges for long periods of time. McCain didn't like Bush, so when Bush was there at the funeral I was surprised. McCain also didn't like Obama-but Obama was there as well. I wonder if John McCain himself would have wanted this or if it was just more of the establishment mourning one of their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment