Sunday, June 24, 2018

Scripture Sunday Mosiah 7:33

I think the people in the bible and the Book of Mormon had much harder lives than you or I could ever imagine. Slavery, war, famine, hunger-I have a cynical attitude when people tell me that life today is somehow harder than what it was back then.

The Lord promises us that He will "deliver you out of bondage" and of course I agree with this scripture, after all, I agree with many parts of the Book of Mormon, but what is bondage today compared to what it was back then? To some degree, it seems that they had more to complain about yet had more faith than we ever will.

We also need to turn to the Lord 100%, with full purpose of heart and full trust. We can't just go halfway-this scripture doesn't seem to allow that.

No comments:

Post a Comment