Monday, June 18, 2018

Is Father's Day important?

I'm not a father, but I think one day out of the year celebrating Fatherhood in general is extremely important. Of course, elite opinion is that fathers don't matter. In fact, a columnist recently wrote a piece saying that Fathers Day should be abolished. Among other things, she's claiming that it's "outdated", "heteronormative" and that it's a "made up holiday". She wouldn't say those things about Mothers Day, and neither would her elite friends because they don't want to be accused of being anti woman. 

What I've noticed on my Facebook is several single woman who complain about doing double duty and not getting credit for it. I know single fathers who also do double duty and don't complain about it, but anyway. The women seem to get more support while the Father's are basically ignored. There is a double standard out there, and it's so depressing. Fatherhood is a wonderful thing and a blessing-I wish our culture saw that.

No comments:

Post a Comment