Saturday, June 9, 2018

Recent celebrity deaths

This past week we've had two celebrities tragically take their own lives. While I was never a fan of either person (I only vaguely heard of both before this week), my heart breaks for their families and fans. They are in my prayers, and I pray that their troubled souls find peace.

In our society we often think that celebrities have lives better than ours. They don't worry about money and seemingly have perfect lives after all. That might be true, but we can never see the inner struggles and turmoil that these people are going through.  Human of all stripes suffer from mental illness-the rich, the poor, celebrities and the unknown. My hope is that anyone struggling with mental illness gets the treatment they desperately need. Like everyone else, I think that one suicide is one too many.

No comments:

Post a Comment