Thursday, June 28, 2018

Laura Ingalls Wilder award changed

The author of Little House on the Prairie, Laura Ingalls Wilder, had her name removed from an award that used to be named after her.  It's because she apparently relied on "stereotypes" but in reality, it's just another politically correct change to make the people who run the award feel good about themselves. They can pat themselves on the back and talk about about compassionate they are, while the rest of us just smile and accept it because we can't change it.

I never heard of this award until um, today, but it still bothers me. I don't remember reading anything by her but of course I've heard of the book-it's very well known in the states. I'm sure it'll be banned soon, like the works of Mark Twain. I wonder what'll be banned in thirty years. Probably everything. 

It used to the right that liked book burnings and censorship, but now I'm only seeing outrage from the left, and it's so depressing. Like or not, sometimes a great author did things that you might not agree, and that's okay. In fact, it's probably one of the things that makes them a great author. Thinking for themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment