Sunday, June 5, 2016

Scripture Sunday 1 Nephi 22:26

Righteousness is a very important topic in the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. What kind of behavior is righteous, how to be righteous, righteous anger (ever seen Jeffery Holland lay the smack down on sinful behavior? It's a blast). 

You'll often hear the saying "The devil made me do it." It's just a saying of course but in reality the devil has absolutely no power over you whatsoever. I do believe in the reality of devils. I see many Christians who apparently believe in God but they choose not to believe in devils or sin. I don't get it. 

This verse also talks about the rightenouss of the people. Many believers feel that America has fallen into an irredeemable situation, but I don't believe it. First off to feel that way is to turn your back on God because even if America has fallen, there is always redemption available and second America really hasn't fallen in the first place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment