Saturday, February 20, 2016

Answers to some questions...

Shockingly, I have readers to this blog. I'm eternally grateful to each and every one of you-thank you making me a part of your life. Whether it's your first read or you follow my albums of the weekend all the time-you are in my prayers and thank you again. 

I've gotten some questions that I found interesting-some were emailed, some were asked to me via Facebook. I thought they were great questions, so I decided to do my own little FAQ. 

Q: You call the blog "Punk Mormon" but your albums of the weekend cover other genres, why? 
A: I like all music, but my favorites are metal and punk. I try to talk about albums I'm interested in that cover all the genres. Mormons aren't known for their love of punk, so I named it "Punk Mormon" just to show that you can like punk music and be Mormon. 

Q: You don't like the temple? 
A: That is correct. I find it constricting. Like I mentioned before I don't like being told where to go, what to do-and how to worship. I also find it offensive that you have to be a full tithe payer to go in. Some people can't afford 10%-a huge amount!-and to cut them off from the blessings of the temple I find particularly troubling. My temple recommend expires soon and I won't be renewing it for the foreseeable future.  

Q: How can you be LDS and be in favor of gay marriage? 
A: Because I separate my religious and political views. I don't think a believer could tell a gay person what to do anymore than a gay person can tell a believer what to do. That means I also think a business has the right to refuse service to a gay wedding, etc. 

Q: Do you have interests you haven't talked about? 
A: I love to travel-in particular road trips. There is something very freeing about being on the road. I usually start planning my next trip right after I got home from my latest trip. I also like visiting art galleries. MOMA in New York City and the MFA in Boston are my two favorite. I'm very Floridian. I love going to the beach, Disney World and Universal. I also greatly enjoy baseball and you can catch me at Tampa Bay Rays games during the season. 

Q: Do you really practice polygamy? 

A: In reality, no, I do not practice polygamy. However if the marriage is entered into by consenting adults who know what is being practiced, I have no problem whatsoever with it.  I support the church in their teaching against it and support them excommunicating those who participate in it though.  

Q: This blog sucks! You need to get a real job! 
A: Mom, I've told you I can respond better to your texts rather than email. 

No comments:

Post a Comment