Friday, February 5, 2016

Album of the Weekend

The Stooges-self titled 

Iggy Pop is loved by all music fans who follow slightly obscure music. Big reason for that is this album. I have to admit, The Stooges (And Iggy Pop) are a band/musician I've always respected more than liked. I've always thought their look sort of emulated the Ramones-but I was wrong. I think The Stooges came first. Regardless, the album is short-only eight songs-but the songs are quite good, actually. Of course I've heard the song "I Wanna Be Your Dog"-it's been covered by everyone and their uncle-but the original is great. 


This album is growing on me. That's the best part about music. You always have time to go back and listen to a great album, even if your first impression wasn't great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment