Friday, February 26, 2016

Album of the Weekend

Pearl Jam-Ten

There are albums that are good. There are albums that are legendary. Then there are albums that are iconic. I know this is hyperbole, but this how I feel about Ten by Pearl Jam. 

Oh Pearl Jam, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways. 

I love the song "Once"-which I've always thought was one of the best songs about the mental instability you can feel going through depression and dark times. 

I love the song "Even Flow"-a surprisingly dark song about a homeless person but is oddly peppy and catchy. The contrast is amazing.

I love the Alive (one of my favorite songs of all time)-deals with feelings of love and loss when a child finds out they were lied to about their origins

I love the song Black-simply put, the best break up song of all time written from the males perspective

I love the song Jeremy-written about a bullied child that if you don't feel sympathy for, you aren't human. 

I love Pearl Jam. Thank you for creating this album. 

No comments:

Post a Comment