Monday, October 5, 2015

Thomas Monson and this General Conference

To be upfront about this I believe Thomas Monson is not only the prophet for us LDS, but for the world. This shouldn't surprise anyone, obviously as a Mormon I believe in the veracity of the Book of Mormon too. 

So I get no pleasure in what I am about to say. 

It broke my heart watching him speak. Like everyone else has said, I wanted to rush up and help him. My love for him was never stronger. I hope he feels better shortly. 

But he is mortal. And time truly does wait for no man, to paraphrase Chaucer. 

Perhaps it's best if we all trust that the prophet still works for God, and He knows His prophets best. He knows what they can and can't handle. 

Still, though-to watch it was tough to watch. 

We also got three new apostles-three! That's amazing. They have huge shoes to fill, but their first speeches where great. I like how they stick to just their testimony for the first time after being announced. 

 The buzz I get from GC is like the buzz I got when I used to drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment