Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Adoption

I am adopted, as is my sister. I can say without question that adoption is the greatest blessing in the entire world. 

Unlike many adopted kids (and grown ups) I've never felt "unlucky" because I was adopted, quite the opposite.  I was adopted by the two greatest people I've ever met, my mother and father. I call them "Mom and Dad". 

Which brings me to this blog. The one, sure fire way to really irritate adopted kids/parents/whatever is to ask if we want to meet our "Real Parents" I know this is done in ignorance and not meant to hurt. Truth be told-it doesn't hurt me, it irritates me. 

Like all step parents and people who raise their non-bioloogical children, I feel like your "real parents" are those who raised you, took care of you and suffered for you. 

I have met my biological mother and we do have a relationship. My biological father is deceased. 

Adoption truly is the greatest thing in the world. Not to get political here again, but I wish more women chose adoption over abortion. I've spoken to other adopted kids, and as bad as their lives were, none of us would prefer death as the alternative. 





No comments:

Post a Comment