Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Forgiveness

There is an old saying that "It's easy to forgive others, but not yourself". I agree in part, disagree in part. It's not easy to forgive others. Think of a Jewish person in the holocaust. They have the right to never forgive those who hurt them, in my opinion. 

I know this contradicts basic Christian teaching of forgiveness, but as Christians we need to understand one important thing: It's very, very hard to be a Christian. If it's something you've swam in your entire life, it's hard to understand an "outsiders view".  You could correctly say "It isn't hard, it's something I've done all my life". Not so. It's easy to you because you've done it your entire life. For other "New Christians" it's actually incredibly hard. 

That brings me to being LDS. 

Without question, the best thing about LDS is the forgiveness. Sure, I went to confession as a Catholic but I never felt truly forgiven until I was baptized LDS. When I came out of the water (and I had to be "baptized" three times, I'll explain that later) I felt, in the words of the band POD, alive for the very first time. 

I hope and pray that those I've hurt will accept my apologies, even though I wouldn't if I were them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment