Friday, October 2, 2015

Album of the weekend

Bon Jovi-New Jersey
(After the video posted yesterday, how could I refuse?) 

Yes, I know "Living on a Prayer" is on their album "Slippery When Wet" and I do like that one, this is better. This is an album that, like Kiss or Poison defines the genre of lovable melodramatic hair bands. "Born to be my Baby" has a pleading sound to it. Underrated classic.  That's the best one on an album filled with good ones. "99 in the Shade" and "Lay Your Hands on Me" are also great. 

I've thought Bon Jovi was overrated until very recently. I've listened to their stuff several times and I think I was wrong. 

Fellow LDS-Have a wonderful and inspired General Conference. This is where they will announce three new apostles. We lost Boyd Packer, Richard Scott and Tom Perry all in under a six months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment