Friday, October 30, 2015

Album of the weekend

AC/DC-Back in Black

I'm moving, so I'm doing a lot of packing, shipping and unpacking. I just found this gem. To all of us who can "play guitar" (and good heavens, I'm terrible at it. So bad I don't think I can really say I "play guitar") learned with these guys and the Ramones. The three chord masters. 

Generally, the term "Be a Man" is both offensive and stupid to me. A real man wouldn't let someone else's view of masculinity effect his self worth and view of his own masculinity. But what the hell. This is an album every little boy should have. It's tough growing up. With the raw, loud and openly egotistical attitude that AC/DC has, it allowed me to escape into a fantasy. Like Kiss, when I listened to this, I was someone else. Not the shy, insecure dork that I really was. I was Angus Young with his "Go to Hell, no rules but mine" attitude. 

Have my music tastes evolved? You bet. But this album helped me out in more ways than it probably should have. I didn't really understand why until I just found it. As I've mentioned before, I hate looking back in childhood-high school. That time was the worst of my life, by far. 

Oh yeah-Happy Halloween everyone. My ward is having a trunk or treat and I can't wait to go help set it up later. 


No comments:

Post a Comment