Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Winning and losing in politics

No one likes to lose. I hate losing more than I enjoy winning. Many times in my life I can't re-visit times that I lost without it still hurting. There are certain games and seasons when my sports team lost where it still hurts to think about. It's been years in some cases and the pain of it never really goes away. You'll always be thinking about it-what could I have done? What didn't I do? Why didn't it break a certain way?

Add whatever cliche you want too (They wanted it more, the other team tried harder) but that's all bullshit. In the professional world of sports, politics, business-both people want it very hard and both teams try even harder. You can't make it to high level sports/business/politics and not be competent, want it very badly, and try incredibly hard.

Winning makes it easier for everyone. As is common knowledge (and yes, the older you get the more you realize that common knowledge isn't common) people like each other when they win, they hate each other when they lose. This happens all the time in life. People love each other, everyone is happy-then you lost in some way and people become lifelong enemies to the bitter end. This is especially true in politics.

In the election when it looked like Trump was going to lose (and lets face it, most of us thought he'd lose. The polls all showed him losing in a landslide) Paul Ryan and many other prominent republicans all turned their back on him in order to cover their own ass. I wasn't shocked when this happened, it's just life. Now that Trump and GOP won, everyone loves Trump and he gets along with everyone too. If you are shocked at this, you don't understand politics or human nature very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment