Saturday, December 17, 2016

Post election therapy

If your person lost the election and you need "post election therapy" you've got much, much bigger problems than whoever won the election. I hate to lose too (like many people I hate losing more than I enjoy winning) so watching people I voted for go down is hard, very hard indeed-but it doesn't require me to go to a therapist, grab my coloring books and play dough or cry for two months as I stumble around aimlessly through my life.

Life is going to kick you around, and if you can't handle that you better learn how to damn fast. That doesn't mean life is bad-quite the opposite. We complain about the most irrelevant shit in 2016 America, so I'm actually surprised and happy that people are so involved in politics and it brings out passion and energy. It's better than sitting on your ass smoking weed or watching Family Guy for the 300th time.

Like many things in life, therapy is about balance. A good therapist will make you feel good-but will also make you feel bad sometimes. Yes, you read that right. If your therapy sessions are just filled with cupcakes and roses and warm fuzzy feelings-get a new therapist. A good therapist will make you take responsibility for your actions and stop blaming everyone else for things. I'm a believer in therapy, by the way.

Going to a therapist for the election is probably a good thing, after thinking about it a bit. Perhaps it can help you get to the root of the problem of why you are there in the first place and trust me sweetie-it ain't because of who won the election, that's for damn sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment