Thursday, December 29, 2016

2016 celebrity deaths

Back from the beach. 

Earlier in the year I said that even though there has been a lot of celebrity deaths this year we still live in the greatest era to be alive and while we should mourn their deaths, we still need to focus on gratitude and how lucky we are to be alive today. I stand by all of that one hundred percent.Click here for the original blog post.

It's been a tough year for on the macro level with celebrities, but on the micro level it's been a great year. Things are going great personally but some of the celebrities who died have meant a great deal to me. Lemmy from Motorhead (December 28th was the first year anniversary) epitomized metal and I'll be forever grateful for how much he did for the genre. Muhammad Ali was an idol to millions-his charisma combined with athletic ability and humanitarian work will never be equaled. Prince was the artist who wrote the first song I ever had a slow dance to. Carrie Fisher, who we all know is the original Princess Leia  passed away too. Like many Star Wars fans my age, she was my first crush.

While the death of Johnny Ramone was the hardest celebrity death I've ever experienced this year had what seemed like hit after hit for some of us. Stay strong, it's almost over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment