Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Temples....


Ok, I’ll say it. I don’t like going to the temple.

I get why we should go. It’s the Lords house. But I don’t like order, discipline, rules or being told what to do. In the temple, that’s exactly what happens.

I find the weekly ward services much more laid back and accepting. The Lords house should be open to everyone and it is, that’s why we LDS have open door policies at our wards.

Our temples are different. Imagine the JV/Varsity team and temples are more for the varsity. You need to be a more serious LDS in order to gain admittance there.

The LDS church doesn’t do itself any favors by remaining cryptic about what happens in there. The anti-LDS crowd lets their imagination run wild and has no idea what happens in them. In recent years the LDS church has become more open about the goings on in them. I get that secrecy is important but it can also lead to an increase of false rumors. 

Confession: I love to tease people and when they say "What really happens in temples?" I tell them "Human sacrifice." 

No comments:

Post a Comment