Thursday, June 4, 2015

Missionaries


So I just dropped off a few missionaries on a transfer day in my home stake. I saw a few that had been in my ward, and it’s always a thrill to see what they are doing and where they are serving.

I’m a convert, so missionaries were the first LDS people I got to sit down and talk too. Not going to lie, I was nervous at first, now knowing what to do or what to say. The original ones I spoke too were so spirit filled, compassionate and caring that they put me immediately at ease. Since it’s been over two years since I’ve joined the church the original set has gone home and I’ve since friended them on Facebook. My wife and I still talk about them to this day.

I think missionaries can be undervalued. The are usually very young men and women who give up so much in order to serve the church. It’s not that LDS treat them poorly, they don’t in the least. It’s that sometimes we don’t fully appreciate the sacrifices they make.

It’s important to remember that cradle LDS don’t view missionaries the same way as the outside world does. 

No comments:

Post a Comment