Monday, September 9, 2019

Premature aging?

Like many other people, I have a Facebook account I check compulsively. Unlike many other people, I don't complain about how stupid/immature/or bad Facebook is while posting on it all the time. I do have my pet peeves about it though.  

Recently on Facebook I've seen about four or five people complaining about being old. They complain about aches and pains, reminisce about the "good old days" (sometimes that is a verbatim statement) and talk about how sad it is to get older. These are people who are all under 40. 

I'm going to repeat that-these people are all under 40. 

Yet they act like people in their early 60's. What happened to 40 being the new 35 and 35 being the new 30? 

You know you live in a wonderful time when people are remaining active well into their 70's. Today with better health, exercise and diets people can experience a higher quality of life longer than any other time in history.   We should be grateful, energetic and enjoy life-not complain about being "old" before your time. 

And if you still want to complain about being and feeling old-remember the old saying- "growing old beats the alternative." 

No comments:

Post a Comment