Saturday, September 14, 2019

Bullying vs standing up for yourself

Like everyone else in 2019, I'm against bullying. The only difference is that I don't think I'm wonderful for it and I don't think that I deserve everyones praise because I am against it. I'm also against giving meth to seven year olds and beating up old people. Yes,I do think the anti-bullying campaigns mean well but in reality it's another self-congratulatory cause that people join to make themselves feel better about....themselves. 

Sadly, what I'm also noticing that the people are being accused of bullying for simply standing up of themselves. If you get into a debate with someone and can't stand up for what you believe or for yourself, accuse the other person of bullying you. That'll put everyone on your side and against the mean, nasty person who is daring to disagree with you. 

Of course I'm not excusing people who are being an ass. It would help the world if everyone read "How to Win Friends and Influence People" and actually took it seriously. The good news is that people who act that way almost always defeat themselves in the end. Being able to stand up for yourself and not be unpleasant while doing so is certainly an acquired skill.   

No comments:

Post a Comment