Saturday, September 28, 2019

Big Brother

Talking about the show on CBS, not the government entity talked about in 1984. I don't like that big brother, but I really like the show on CBS. 

In fact, the past few years I've gotten the live feed. I check online message boards, I follow the show on Showtime-I really am a big fan. 

I don't like the past few seasons. I preferred it when the had a truly diverse group of people from age 18-75. African American sons of preachers. Conservative Catholics. Atheists and people hostile to religion. They haven't had a libertarian punk Mormon on-hey producers, here I am! 

Just kidding. With my ego and personality I wouldn't make it past week one. 

Big Brother is one of the grandaddies of reality tv. It's more of a game show after all, these people do have to do things like win competitions and form alliances. It's not like the Kardashians where they simply show famous people living their lives or Dance Moms (my significant other loves that show) where it shows people screaming at each other. 

In a show like Big Brother or Survivor you have to walk a fine line. You can't come across as too strong or strategic or they'd throw you out. You can't sit on your butt all day and do nothing because you won't last long. You can't play the game as "Simon Pure" because the game doesn't work that way. Seriously, you can't tell someone "Ok, we're going to vote you out now." That's not Big Brother. Sure you don't have to lie about family members having diseases or cheat on your spouse, but a little bit of deception is a mandatory in those games. 

Big Brother and Survivor are also much harder than what it looks like from the comfort of my own couch. I can talk about my "strategy" or talk about how a certain person shouldn't have done acted a certain way-but I'm not the one in the house playing the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment