Sunday, May 12, 2019

Scripture Sunday Mosiah 26:29

If you are an LDS or a Christian, one thing for certain is that you will fall short of what God expects from you. This isn't an insult-100% of people do this, and no one is exempt. Sometimes the sins are minor, sometimes they are major. The good news is, they are al forgivable. I know there is the belief out there that some sins are "unforgivable" but with one exception (dying without seeking forgiveness) that's not true. And this passage proves it.

"Whosoever transgress against me him shall ye judge according to the sins he has committed. And if he confesses those sins before thee and me, and repent in the sincerity of his heart, him shall ye forgive, and I will also."

Notice that God doesn't say anything about this or that sin being "unforgivable". He doesn't say "I will forgive all sins except this one. Or that one." Like I mentioned in a previous blog, we all have pet peeve sins but guess what? Those are forgivable too. Everything is forgivable.

No comments:

Post a Comment