Saturday, May 25, 2019

Anti drinking and driving ads and posts

First off, no. You should not drink and drive. Ever. Not just on New Year's Eve but ever. If you can't afford an Uber/Lyft catch a ride home with friends. If you can't do that, don't go out in the first place. Secondly, we all make mistakes and no one is perfect. Sometimes we make grave mistakes that cost us and innocent people dearly. I've been drunk many times in my life but I've never driven drunk.

I'm not 100% sure that your friends posting anti-DUI memes and pictures help much. They mean well of course and there is nothing at all wrong with posting them-but I hesitate to think they'll actually stop someone from drinking and driving. I'm not sure that ads and billboards do it either. They might make a sober person stop and think and I hope they do-but the different between a sober person thinking and a drunk person thinking are huge.

Let me be clear-drinking and driving is wrong and if you choose to do so I hope the cops arrest you and that the DA prosecutes you to the fullest extent of the law. Jail time, fines, license suspension-you deserve it if you drink and drive.

But I'd like to see a legit study on advertisements and if they deter DUIs.

No comments:

Post a Comment