Monday, September 21, 2015

Vaccines

This is a big one, so take notes. 

I'm at the very end of Generation X, so I grew up with my mom and dad telling me about polio. The reason they aren't in iron lungs? Vaccines. 

The reason you haven't died from diphtheria? Vaccines. 
The reason you haven't died from smallpox? Vaccines. 
The reason you haven't died from Typhus? Vaccines.
The reason you haven't died from Mumps? Vaccines. 
The reason you haven't died from Measles? Vaccines. 
The reason you haven't died from Yellow Fever? Vaccines. 

Look up all those diseases. They killed millions before you and I were born. 

Get my drift? 

I have many rules I live by. One is "If I can guess every single one of your views within five minutes of knowing you, I don't have to talk to you. You are boring." Another good one is "If you only read things you agree with, you are probably insecure in your views"

Another big one-I don't debate with conspiracy theorists or anti-vaccine people. To paraphrase Thomas Paine, "Trying to argue with them is like trying to administer medicine to a corpse." 

Yes, there are those who disagree with me. If you are one of them, I apologize and I'm sorry if I offended you, but I try to be honest here.

No comments:

Post a Comment