Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Arguing against religion

We religious people have heard it all before.

Religions are exclusionary. Well, yes they are but so is atheism. Just by definition ,atheism claims there is no God. Therefore, Atheism excludes those who believe in God. Religion, like Atheism, is a philosophy that makes a truth claim, so of course it's exclusionary.

Religion causes wars. One hundred percent correct. But so does atheism. And athiesm has done a lot more of it lately. Ironically, 99% of Christian religions strongly condemn violence in 2015. Not mentioned by atheists.  

Religions require faith, and I'm more into reason-This is also true, and it's one of my own personal stumbling block to faith. Science sort of bores me and I know very little about it.  What I do know though is "A little philosophy leans ones mind to atheism" and in my view, so does science. What little I know (Darwinism, Big Bang etc) does make me wonder though it life is all that matters and if it's all there is. 

I have my moments of Randian Objectivism which includes a strong atheistic world view. No apologies. Even on the cross Christ Himself doubted Gods existence, or at the least His own plan in it.  

Good enough for him, good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment