Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Blood moon revelation

I am a convert to the church, so the overwhelming majority of my close friends are not members. Don't get me wrong, I have wonderful friendships in the church too, but since I've only been part of the clan for a bit, I know non-members better. 

All my friends have been wonderful about my conversion. They playfully tease me and joke around about it, but it's all in good fun. We can't allow ourselves to be uptight little babies. 

This brings me to the "Blood moon revelation". I've had three of my friends (again, all non members) ask me about it. Apparently a woman wrote a book about it, claiming that God spoke to her and she knows the details of the end of the world. 

I'm not going to use names-I have no interest in calling attention to doomsayers and false prophets.  

The woman who claimed to know about the end of the world is the 2015 version of Harold Camping, and she gives all of us a bad name. While I am in favor of women getting the priesthood, as of right now, they don't have it. She doesn't have the keys to allow revelation for the entire church.  LDS believe (and I do too) that only one man has the keys to accept revelation for the entire church-the current Prophet, Thomas Monson. 

Apparently some LDS are stocking up supplies based on the claims of this woman. While it is true, LDS do keep supplies on hand for emergencies, no, we are not all running to the hills with our shotguns in hand waiting for then end. 

There are two types of false prophets. Those who know they are wrong and don't care-or those who are deluded and genuinely believe they are correct. I can't read minds, so I don't know which one she is.   

What I do know though is that Christ Himself said "No man knows the time I will return, not even I. Only the Father" (paraphrased). 

No comments:

Post a Comment