Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Star Wars

Upfront: I'm one of the biggest Star Wars geeks you'll ever meet. One of my tattoos is the rebel alliance logo. My car license plate is also a Star Wars reference. My dog is named after a character in the EU. Han and Leia's daughter, Jaina. So I'm a bit of a fan. 

But I don't like how Star Wars has become chic. Growing up it was for the misfits and geeks. We were teased about it all the time Now, it's suddenly become cool. Geek chic. 

Disney will ignore the expanded universe, and that's a shame. The real fans won't. 

I don't like going to movies anyway. The last one I saw was Citizen Four, the documentary about Edward Snowden. 

Will I see the movie? Of course I will. But this is the first Star Wars movie I won't be seeing at midnight  on the opening day. 

I still love Star Wars, I will always love Star Wars. 

May the force be with you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment