Friday, December 4, 2015

Album of the weekend

Stone Temple Pilots-Core 

No, I was never the biggest STP fan, though I give credit where it is due. Many people liked them. 

RIP Scott Wieland, you will be missed. I don't have to be a fan to say that. 

Grunge is a lost art. People who down play it are usually aging glam rock fans who can't see that they sound like old grumps complaining about kids today. I really enjoy both styles. 

Core was not the best grunge album. In fact, my primary issue with it is that it sounds, well, too grunge. But they lyrics are decent and the sound isn't unpleasant. It just blends in too much for my personal taste. In fact, that's always been my complaint with STP/Velvet Revolver. I don't feel like they have an identity. 

But I did like Scott Weiland. Good voice and a guy who always tried to get it together. Addiction is a nightmare everyone, and like another grunge icon said (Kurt Cobain) "Anyone who glorifies it is a monster and has a special place in hell waiting for them". 

Amen Kurt. There but for the grace of God go I Scott. Hope you find peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment