Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Women added to church leadership.

http://www.ldsdaily.com/church-lds/church-adds-female-leaders-to-three-leading-church-councils/

Outstanding news. I'm proud of the priesthood opening up the doors to women having more power and influence in the church. 


That said, I am sympathetic to those who think it's a politically correct move. Hopefully the church will put the brakes on getting too PC.  

Could this be the first step to women getting the priesthood? I doubt it. The prophets have made it very clear that the priesthood is only for men. Than again, the 1978 revelation on Black men getting the priesthood changed everything. I bet no one thought black men would get the priesthood in 1977. 

My personal view is that women should get the priesthood. I'm not sure that just because you were born a certain way you should be denied something. Again, just my thoughts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment