Saturday, July 25, 2015

Album of the weekend

I am late. Sorry everyone, been traveling a lot these last few days. 

Metallica-Master of Puppets. 

Been listening to this one several times on my drive. We all know Metallica has taken a severe decline in the past few years, but in reality the decline started with the death of Cliff Burton. Jason Newsted gets a bad reputation from fans for no reason. The other guys treated him like rubbish and he was a truly outstanding bassist. 

Back to Master. 

Battery is the opening song, and it's a actually a morality tale. "Crushing all deceivers, mashing non-beleivers?" I don't think Hetfield is overtly Christian but it's impossible not to read a bit of a religious message in that. It's also one of their best songs ever recorded. My favorites on the album are Battery, Orion (my favorite Metallica song of all time) and Sanatarium. 

The entire album is fantastic. Even though I'm partial to Megadeth and their canon, this is a must have for any thrash fan. 


No comments:

Post a Comment