Thursday, April 8, 2021

Ex-Mormon idiocy and a finishing touch

 Hey there. 

Blogs are so 2011, and it's obvious that blogging is going away. Which is fine, sunrise and sunset. Youtube and video blogging isn't the future, it's the present. This will, officially, be the final post. I think blogging services will be taken down like Yahoo Answers or the AIM. And again, that that's fine. It's just life and it's how technology works. 

Some quick thoughts about what is going on in the Ex-Mormon world.

-Ex Mormons are just as preachy and annoying as the most fundamentalist Mormon out there. People leave the church for many reasons, but one reason is that they just get tired of being lectured to and told they aren't doing enough. A vastly popular Ex-Mormon podcast has recently decided to go down that road and lecture Ex-Mormons about how not to be racist, misogynistic, etc. I hesitate to bring up the podcast, but a friend shared it with me and I listened to it last night. I didn't even bother to finish it. I hate being preached to, no matter who it comes from. 

-Ex Mormons generally slide into the extreme version of political correctness because they feel guilty about what they believed and how they acted when they were Mormon. So, in order to make amends for what they believed, they go off the deep end to prove how they are not racist, misogynistic, etc. It's their way of showing off how apologetic they are, and also, they have a much more sinister motive-to show off how wonderful they think they are. It's the same thing that religious people do. Often times fasting and preaching is done to show the rest of the world how moral and righteous you are. Christ himself preached against this and told people to fast and pray quietly. 

There, that's out of the way. Now, to some personal stuff. 

I got my first Covid vaccine, and I beg you to do the same thing. No, the vaccine is not dangerous and no, you are not an exception to getting it. Real medical exceptions for vaccines are incredibly small and you don't have one. It's a way to make yourself feel special and get attention. Yes, I went there.

I'm currently a deputy black belt in Taekwando. I go for my official black belt test in November. I've recently competed in some tournaments (all virtual) and have earned a silver medal and a few bronzes.

Musically, I desperately miss live concerts and can't wait for them to restart. I'm listening to The Struts, Viral, Visigoth, Night Demon, and of course, the classics-Ramones, Kiss, Iron Maiden, etc. 

I will not be posting regularly-I have no desire to be Muhammad Ali fighting Trevor Berbick in the Bahamas (was it there?). So this will, officially, be the final blog. Unless I think of other things to say. Which I might. Don't count on it though. 

I can't express how heartwarming it is to hear that people actually give a damn about this blog and my thoughts on every single topic out there-it's a spectacular feeling, one that I hope each and every one of you gets to feel in your life. 

Be punk, and God bless. 

Tim 


5 comments:

  1. Yea, I hate preachy people too.

    My body my choice.

    Up the Irons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, it is absolutely your choice to get it or not. I do not support mandatory vaccination. At this time. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the post! Guess I should accept this is over. 🤣 Do you do anything else we can keep up with you on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. still enjoy reading your scripture posts.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for the comments my friend. I’m
      on Facebook, but that’s it for now.

      Stay strong and don’t let anyone give you any shit for being yourself.

      Delete