Thursday, December 7, 2017

Bitcoin

The price of Bitcoin is skyrocketing right now and while I'm hardly an expert in the stock market or Bitcoin, it concerns me. Something this volatile is not likely to end well. That's a shame too, because as paper cash quietly fades to black, Bitcoin I think will be the future of money.

Bitcoin is many things, but to me it seems like an electronic version of paper cash. Like dollar bills, Bitcoin is hard to trace. It can be earned and hoarded without the government really knowing about it and that's a good thing, a very good thing. What the government can't know about it can't tax, regulate or take. I'm not naive though-I think Bitcoin will eventually be regulated/taxed/banned or in some way restricted. The government can't function without your money and if more people use Bitcoin than debit cards/etc, than the government will absolutely strike back.

No comments:

Post a Comment