Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Trial begins for a girl who convinced her friend to commit suicide

Have you heard about this? Apparently a woman convinced her "boyfriend" to commit suicide.

There is no question that this case is incredibly disturbing. The woman who did this is sick, disgusting, and she'll have to carry around a very heavy burden for the rest of her life. What she did was reprehensible. While she didn't "pull the trigger" on the kid, her text messages clearly demonstrate a pathological disdain for his life. Reading the text messages for about three minutes made me want to take a shower.

There is a huge difference between "something said in anger" and what this "person" did. While driving one time I was almost hit by another car. I was pissed, and I rolled down my window and told the driver to drop dead and yes, I said some other choice words. Then I drove home, stewed about it for a few hours and let it go. If the driver took their own life after I said that, I would feel horrible about it but it was said in anger and well, my bad. I'm not perfect.

This is totally different. She gave him direct instructions and encouraged him to take his own life. Anytime she could have stopped this and gotten him the help he desperately needed. This girl is a monster. She is 100% guilty of involuntary manslaughter. I'm not a lawyer so no, I don't know if she is legally culpable of it.  Morally though, jail is too good for her. I am in favor of the the death penalty and she really should get it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment